Lunch on Monday was accompanied by a Strawberry Jam Showdown! Ashlee and Lindsay both brought their “A-Game” and went head-to-head to see who could make the better jam. Both jars of jam were disguised in brown paper bags and labeled only with a heart or star. Everyone sampled both jams and placed their vote in the “official” box. It was close, 4 votes to 3…Ashlee pulled ahead at the last minute and won “Strawberry Champ at Pebbles!” Congrats Ash!!!
Archives for July 2009
Pebbles Design Team!
I might be a little biased, but I happen to think that we have a pretty stellar Design Team! It’s been great getting to know everyone a little better and putting names with faces. Hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know them, too!
It’s been quiet around the office this week–it seems that this was the week that everyone took off for vacation! Do you have any vacations coming up? I went shopping at one of my favorite stores–Target!–the other day and all of their “Back to School” stuff was already out. Didn’t summer just start?!
Here’s to having a great weekend!
Meet: Pam Callaghan
Pam from Ohio.
Scrapbook.com Blog, click HERE.
• How long have you been scrapping? What drew you to scrapbooking/paper crafting/card making? Why scrapbooking/paper crafting/card making? I have been scrapbooking for seven years. After I had my son, my friend convinced me to go to a crop. I didn’t want to go, but I ended up loving it so much that I have been doing it since! I love scrapbooking because it allows me to express myself creatively. I have always loved to paint, draw, make origami, and write poetry. I feel I can use a lot of those things in my scrapbook pages.
• What inspires you? Where do you like to scrapbook? Everything from TV commercials, print ads, and book covers inspire me. I love graphic design and I utilize that a lot in my scrapping. I create my pages in my scraproom! I share the room with my husband who plays on his computer when I scrap. I love that we can chat while I am creating, after our son has gone to bed.
• Describe your style in 3 words/short phrases. Clean lined. Graphic inspired. Always a twist.
• Favorite Pebbles product/collection? It is so so hard for me to choose!! I love all of them, seriously 😉 ! The “So Tweet” line is colorful and fun, it might be my favorite. I think my new favorite one from this newest release is the “Lil’ Buddy” because it so fun for boys. Oh, and the “Little Miss” is just perfect for girls!
• Favorite sweet treat? Anything with sugar and chocolate gets my vote. I haven’t found a sweet treat that I don’t like to be honest. I am a sweet treat lover!
• Favorite place to travel or where would you like to travel? We love to travel to Lake Michigan in the summer and stay at a rental property right near the beach. Everyone always has a great time there. I think I want to go to England and Ireland at some point! Hawaii was one of my favorite trips, although I haven’t been back in 13 years.
• Were you named after anyone? I was not named after anyone … at least I don’t think I was. I do know if I was a boy, I would’ve been named Matthew!
Meet: Maureen Blanc
Maureen from France
Blog Address: blog.maumautte.com
• How long have you been scrapping? What drew you to scrapbooking/paper crafting/card making? Why scrapbooking/paper crafting/card making? I have practiced scrapbooking since 2006. Scrapbooking was not a well known activity in France at this time. We had to fend, even 12×12 sized pages weren’t sold! Before hearing about scrapbooking, I liked to personalize my photo album with text, tickets and things…now I can’t take a pic without a little scrap idea! How serious is that???!
• What inspires you? Where do you like to scrapbook? The daily life, colors, ads, an expression, travels, each special moment…I practice in my scrap room. I would rather pratice in the garden but it’s impossible because there is too many things to move around!!
• Describe your style in 3 words/short phrases. 3 words: Clean and Simple 🙂
• Favorite Pebbles product/collection? So Tweet, the new collection Lil’ Buddy :), Make a wish. I like stickers and ribbons too!
• Favorite sweet treat? Strawberries – ice cream (mmmmm :p) – Swiss dark chocolate
• Favorite place to travel or where would you like to travel? Frequently we travel in the Netherlands and French riviera (we have family there). We were in NYC in 2008 for our wedding travel and in Montreal in 2009. We hope to travel once a year in US or Canada!
• Were you named after anyone? Yes!! When my parents saw the movie “Jonathan Livingston Seagull” with Maureen the gull, my father said at the end, “If I have a daughter, her firstname will be Maureen!”
I was born in 1984 and my firstname was Maureen! 🙂
Meet: Debbie Standard
Debbie from Texas
Blog Address: debbiestandard.blogspot.com
• How long have you been scrapping? What drew you to scrapbooking/paper crafting/card making? I have been scrapping for about 10 years now. My daughter, Kim Moreno (another DT member) got me started and I was immediately hooked. I have always been involved in creating from sewing and drawing, to crochet and knitting. Scrapping seems like such a wonderful way to preserve memories! I am inspired by my family which consists of 4 children and 11 grandchildren. I love to get ideas from sketches, ads and interesting designs I see around me.
• What inspires you? Where do you like to scrapbook? I am inspired by my family which consists of 4 children and 11 grandchildren. I love to get ideas from sketches, ads and interesting designs I see around me. I have taken over the study in my home and now have my own space where I try to keep everything organized and also have room for company to come scrap with me. My daughter and I love it when we can get together and scrap.
• Describe your style in 3 words/short phrases. I’m not sure how to describe my style as I think I vary, but mostly clean collage but can vary depending on the paper line.
• Favorite Pebbles product/collection? Some of my favorite Pebbles collections are Summer Days and Sweetheart. I love the ribbon and those little chalk stencils!
• Favorite sweet treat? Dark Chocolate
• Favorite place to travel or where would you like to travel? I love beach pages probably because it’s my favorite place to be! Any beach – just me, sun, a little shade when I start to get toasty, sunscreen and a good book – I’m good! We frequently go to the coast in South Texas but the Pacific Coast has to be my favorite.
• Were you named after anyone? I was named after Debra Padget (who per my mother was a new upcoming star at that time). I’m sure that dates me – I’ve never heard of her. I have NEVER gone by Debra – always Debbie.
- « Previous Page
- Next Page »